Monday, March 8, 2010

Elana has moved!

So i wrote a 5 page letter about my new area and companion and everything. I´m hoping to get it out this morning but not sure if I´ll have the opportunity. We are headed to Xela to do some shopping since there are no stores here that have everything. I LOVE my new area. Im in San Fransisco de Alto which is part of the Momostenango stake. Look up pictures if you can, its beautiful! I´m finally out of the city and in the mountains! Our area stretches for hours on foot in all directions and is mostly made up of small mud houses, the people dont know how to read or write. Many walk an hour to church on Sunday. My companion is Hna Solares from the capital of Guatemala. She has just 3 months in the mission and is wonderful. We are opening an area, which means we are starting from scratch. Hna Rodriguez was here about 5 months ago and it is soo great to meet some of her converts. The members are amazing and I quickly felt at home. It was my dream to come here. San Fransisco is the most urbanized of the area in Momostenango. Many of the Elders have to walk 2 hours to their house, or they have like 3 places to stay because their areas are so large and cover various branches. The areas are pure mountains. I´m finally getting my exercise, maybe I´ll lose a little weight hahah. Anyway my companion reminds me a little of Nina in her mannerisms and it makes me feel even happier. I love it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment